Tuesday, February 21, 2006

You can’t beat an old fashioned seaside holiday!

I’m trying to get into the habit of blogging at least once a week, but not doing that well up to now. I so sometimes feel that I cant think of what to say, so I’m going to start doing a weekly what happened or is due to happen, nothing fancy, just a casual look on life as it passes me by I think.

I was down in Southport over the weekend, to Shunonda’s flat for a wee relaxing break with her. Its odd, but I’ve developed a little soft spot for the town, even in the quiet season. It’s got a wonderful old-fashioned seaside feel to it, but not like Blackpool’s now more tacky than ever “kiss me quick”/”get pissed Quick” feel. We have had a couple of good holidays in Southport over the last three or four years. I think its because its away from home, but has become familiar which is doing it for me this time. Sometimes I just have to get away, but without having the stress of someplace you haven’t been to before clouding the holiday. Thanks Nonda, for the company, it was worth it and I wish I could have stayed longer too, but with Paula as well. It might not be glitsy or glamorous or the high life, but its got a little bit of a calming feel about it. There’s nothing better than standing on the mile wide beach with nothing to care about but the strings of your Kite in your hands and a pleasant breeze to fly your kite with. Great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home