Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy New Year, I suppose!

Not long after the last post to this blog we moved to a wee place about 5 miles North West of Montrose. A great small country cottage, with big garden and great outlook. We hadn’t even settled in when my mum we taken into hospital with complications while going through various therapies to fight breast cancer. We lost her the next week, so all in all it’s turned out to have been a bit of a roller coaster between moving in and now I’m sad to say. I’m not even sure if we’ve truly got back to normal yet.


Looking back, last year was a bit of an unpredictable year really, so we’re hoping this year will be better. Trouble is, with all the problems in the world at the moment, I’m not really sure where things will go yet. I’m beginning to think this year will be as much a blank canvas again, possibly even a "start again…" type thing really.


Not even sure if I’ve come to terms with the loss of mum yet. The office holiday sheets are out but I can’t really be arsed looking at where we want to go for holiday, not in the mood really. I’m finding I just want to stay at home and look at/do the garden, but having never had one of my own to think about I’m not where to start with that either. Don’t think I need a holiday t the moment, I need a change of life, not the best thing to think about in the current economic climate however…


Wonder if I should keep Bees? They need all the help they can get these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home